Wsus clients stopped updating
However, the patch had some flaws, causing WSUS to not be able to connect with Windows clients, among other problems.
And here it an excerpt from the last log of one of the PCs.
Some details: Specs:- Windows Server 2008 R2- Windows 7 clients, same hardware- WSUS is now 3.2.7600.274- There are GPOs correctly configured with the server settings and installation time What I've already done:- This machines were cloned in the past without sysprep, so the Sus Cliente ID duplication was a possibility.
I've used this commands, to no avail:net stop wuauserv reg Delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Windows Update /v Sus Client Id /f reg Delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Windows Update /v Sus Client IDValidation /f net start wuauserv /resetauthorization /detectnow - Renamed the Software Distribution folder and a new one was created automatically, no luck either- Patched the WSUS server with some recent and important patches, usually advised by Lawrence Gavin on a few searches on Google, and the server is now on version 3.2.7600.274 - Ran Solar Winds Diagnostics Tool and all the options were checked and green What I've noticed:- On Windows Update.log, I saw the "Cache cookie expired or new PID avaiable" message, but apparently it's gone after the Sus Client Id procedure.- Maybe it's normal, since it's working on the proper time, but as seen in log, the computer seems to schedule the installation to 3 hours after the especified time.- However, on this 7 computers the WU client version remains on 7.6.7601.19161, when on the working computers the version is 7.6.7601.23806.
Those steps are described in Microsoft's KB3159706 Knowledge Base article. It's also offering it through the Microsoft Catalog.
KB3159706 also is arriving through the Windows Update service as an "optional update." The Windows Update distribution approach is being done for the organizations that have disabled WSUS systems.